Wednesday 17 February 2010

Cold turkey - the sufferings of an addict

Woke up this morning racked with head pain and highly concerned that my brain was about to implode.  My nose canal, my eye sockets and my jaw line each felt like I had encountered a baseball bat during the night, and my neck was stiff as a board.  Surely caffeine withdrawal isn't supposed to be as uncomfortable as this?  I never actually got round to visiting the Co-op yesterday so my body has been Coke free for almost fourty eight hours now - and this is the good it is doing me.  I've got the world's worst hangover and didn't even have the pleasure of getting annihilated first.

On the other hand it could be I am just catching whatever it is that has been plagueing Chris for the last few days.  I hope not though, mainly because I have been mocking his "Man-Flu" as I felt he was being such a  complete wuss about it.   I would hate to have to eat my words.  Chris has always been so melodramatic when it comes to illness, forever acting like he has some terminal condition at the first sign of snot - typical male behaviour I know.  I, on the other hand, have given birth in a morning and been hoovering the house by teatime.   A woman who is truly made of rock - hey perhaps that's why I weigh so much.   This is also why I laughed back in November 2007 (I remember it clearly because I laugh so infrequently) at the news Chris had collapsed  and been rushed to hospital - I didn't take it at all seriously....him being the quintessential boy who cried wolf.  Naturally I felt really guilty afterwards, or as guilty as a woman can feel whilst hypothetically spending all of her husband's life insurance payout.

Anyway I really haven't got much energy and even lifting my fingers to hammer these keys is sending me in to a state of lightheadedness.  So I will love you and leave you and try to think of something amazing to chat about tomorrow.

x x

1 comment:

  1. It takes 72 hours for body to physically withdraw from addiction. After that its kicking the HABIT.
    By the weekend you will feel the difference. xxx

    ReplyDelete