Monday 22 February 2010

Keeping it Real.

Fear not friends, loved ones and others.  The case of the missing article has been solved, or so I think.  Thank you to all those who got in touch with words of encouragement and suggestions of help.... especially to Emma who claims to be proficient in the area of 'pulling strings' (and clearly a true friend for offering).   Fortunately unnecessary as it happens (thank the Lord) - turned out it was simply one of those forgetting-to-put-your-pants-on moments and what I suspected to have gone A.W.O.L. was actually never there.  Phew.  

I think perhaps I have simply reached a point where I subconciously block out all below waist level activity.

Must confess that I nearly deleted the entire blog for yesterday.  Chris read it, and couldn't believe I was being so bold as to discuss these intimate (physical) issues.   Blimey I thought, if Chris the social equivalent to Attila the Hun feels I have overstepped the mark then I really must be losing touch.  For the first time I re-read my waffle and began to feel anxious.  In the end though I decided to retrace my roots and remember the purpose of writing.....to sound off about all the things that I am; the good the bad and the ugly (a lot of that one).  What's the point in writing an account of your life if all the grim and dismal moments are left out.  Just paints yet another picture of something that isn't real, and personally I feel there is too much of that around as it is.

Only yesterday I was ruminating over the practice of arguing in front of the children.  Is it good to expose them to the reality of parental disagreement?  Is it healthy for them to see you becoming increasingly irrate, owing to the fact one of you forgot to turn the cooker on, and eventually trying to strangle one another....well no, obviously you don't want them to see that part, but the raising of voices, does that do any harm?  Apparently one school of thought is that children become emotionally disturbed when exposed to their parents' squabbles because they only see the down side of it and rarely the making up at the end.  Something tells me if they were to see that last bit, they'd need a hell of a lot more therapy.

No, in my opinion, or at least for today anyway, a dose of reality salts is what's required.  Children need to appreciate that life is tough, that hard work is essential, that disappointment and failure come to us all and that just because you've managed to slay the Dragon Fable Master in Runescape doesn't mean you've got it made.

Oh what a grumpy old woman I am.  My moods are all over the place again lately and I can't even blame the caffeine unless it has a half life of 84 hours or more.  Maybe it does.  In fact taking in to account the amount of diet cola I consumed over the last two years my body's fluid composition is probably 15% water and 55% Pepsi Max.   That's a lot of peeing before I return to normal.

Not even going to mention diet and exercise today.  It's that bad.  Think I need a good night's sleep and then everything will look rosy again. x x

2 comments:

  1. Bravo ! Stay true to your original intention. Stream of consciousness is more valid, in my book, than constructed, amended, tailored. Bravo too for idea that reality is a character builder. " Nobody ever said we would not be tempested or travailled, but that we would not be overcome "...... it's what will bring civilisation to the edge.....living in a fantasy world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very entertaining and makes me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete