Monday 18 January 2010

All bad things come in threes, oh and does anyone need a microwave??

Ever noticed that?  Or is it just me being highly paranoid?

The tenants of our old house, which we currently rent, called today to say that they are leaving.  Darn it.  I can't say I blame them.  We put the house on the market last August as we desperately need the cash that's in it (not under the floorboards type cash; I mean that equity type cash which has literally been vanishing in to thin air these past two years).   Anyhow so far we have had no takers, which is hardly surprising as we have only had one viewing the whole time.  The tenants have now decided, quite rightly, that they would rather move on before having the house sold from beneath them.  Only trouble now is we can't very well rent out a place which is up for sale.  What fool would want to live there?  UNLESS....an old colleague of mine used to be a hotelier and said he would frequently have people check in (under the pseudonym of Mr & Mrs Smith) and literally use the room for a couple of hours.  Heaven only knows what they were doing.....perhaps just desperately in need of a wash or a nap.   I also watched a programme once about grown men who paid wads of cash to have a "baby" experience.  Basically they visited this old woman who let them sleep in an adult sized cot wearing an adult nappy and adult romper suit.  All she had to do was mother them a little then send them on their merry way the next morning.  How hard could that be???  All these ideas....perhaps I should go speak to the Prince's Trust.

Before that stress inducing news arrived, Chris and I went for a speed walk as part of my exercise regime.  Four miles of pretty fast walking and I really enjoyed it.  What I am not enjoying is getting on the scales every morning (I know you aren't supposed to do that because of daily fluctuations but getting on the scales every day has been a ritual of mine since I was about 13...I kid not.  Some days I have gotten on 5 or more times, although that was in the peak of my obsessive compulsive phase).  The last three days my weight has gone UP not down.  This really isn't fair considering what I have been eating.   However I am determined not to let it make me throw in the towel and stuff my chubby face in defiance. 

Well, it's getting late and I am feeling rather shattered today.  Most days I have felt far more energetic than usual, which I attribute to exercising, but today is the opposite.  I am absolutely worn out. 

And on the subject of worn out things.....today we replaced our 10 year old microwave with a much prettier, shinier and sleeker model.  There isn't a great deal wrong with the old one except that it's a bit small and looks a little run down....a bit like me you might say.  If only I could be replaced for £49.99 from Currys.

Any takers??  (for the microwave that is).

Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I came upon your blog by sheer accident and LOVE it!!! You are super funny and i can relate to everything you have written...... especially the husband part!!! My husband sounds just like yours, but it pains me to think I might have to strike up the same bargain you have for marital bliss!!!!!!
    Keep writing and running... you are FAB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete