Sunday 10 January 2010

Sex, Home Teaching & Jogging.

Couldn't stop thinking today about a conversation Chris and I had once, comparing sex to Home Teaching...ie you never feel like doing it but once you're there it's great.... well exercise is just the same. Incidentally, he's only ever reluctant about Home Teaching, never the other, which makes me think if they tied the two in somehow figures would massively improve !! (Apologies to any non-church followers for whom this is completely irrelevant).

Anyway getting back to exercise.....REALLY REALLY didn't want to do anything today. Had a very late night, not helped my my dirty-stop-out husband returning home noisily at 3.40am - (see what a liberal and chillaxed wife I am??) Once again though the prospect of having to report my failure on here was enough to get me out of that door, braving sub zero temperatures, and all in the vain pursual of an ever decreasing bum. I am very fortunate in that I have a supersonically fit sister who has agreed to support me at every turn so at least I didn't have to brave it alone.

Not only is she superfit but she is also gadgeted up 'to the max' and came with her own watch stylee gps system which calculated exactly how far we had jogged, and at what speed. Had it also been able to talk I think it may well have said something like "you're having a laugh, go home, watch corry and accept your fat middleagedom joker" but thankfully technology has not gotten that far, well not in Priorslee anyway. The good news is we did the required 3 miles and I think I only stopped about 6 times, which is not half bad all things considered. Remember in life it isn't about how fast you are travelling, but rather how far you have come. Unless of course you're in a running race in which case I think speed may have a bit more relevance. Oh Crap.

Also out for the jog was my beautiful niece Eva....aged 10 and cross country champion so a great running partner. She kept saying things like "don't worry Auntie Bambi, I think even at this speed you burn calories" (not quite sure what point she was trying to make) and "do you think it's possible you could come last in the race you've entered?" NO not possible....not even probable....I'm going more for an absolute foregone conclusion unless there is a one legged participant, and even then I wouldn't fancy my chances. I have to say that these events (because I have taken part in a few before remember) take me back to the PE days at school. Whilst I was quite popular generally - everyone knew I was shocking at sport. When choosing teams I would inevitably be last or second to last to get picked. DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEELS PEOPLE?!! I'm still in counselling now.

However I have been blessed with a body which works and I should remember that in itself is something to be grateful for. It has bourne me four beautiful, intelligent children and so far has not had any major defects (possibly debatable but personally I don't think being short and unable to cease talking actually counts). So in the grand scheme of things I have a lot to be thankful for. And those kids at school who did get picked first....well who know's where they are now.....probably sat watching Corry.

No comments:

Post a Comment