Tuesday 30 March 2010

No fear

The smear is over.  Thank the Lord.   In the end it wasn't as bad as expected which could be the miracle of prayer, or perhaps the effect of a massive dose of painkillers taken five minutes before, knocked back with a glass of vin blanc. 

When I came out of the surgery I composed a text to my mum, informing her that the smear had gone well, I was still alive and intact and inviting her for a Sunday roast this week.   Embarrassingly the number of a former work colleague (Mr Andrew Maundrell) features right next to my mum's within the phone list and I sent the message to him instead.  Classic.   He is no doubt delighted to hear about the health and welfare of my cervix.

Before the dreaded invasion, Corrinna and I did our first spot of exercise for a good few weeks (first bit together that is) and went for a walk up the Wrekin.  Nearly killed me so I must definitely get right back on that.  For now though I am shattered having just been out with a lovely lady friend for a good old natter and to put the world to rights.  If only women ruled the planet, what a happy place it would be.....filled with shoes and chocolate and firemen.  

Food for dreams I think.

x x x

3 comments:

  1. Firemen ? And now the perspective..... Firemen are the modern day equivalent of Knights in shining armour. Arriving on a mighty steed, wearing headgear and aiming to rescue those in distress, especially Damsels. Its a fantasy. Knights loved and left. Off seeking fame and glory searching for Holy Grails and stuff. Now its football. Nice to fantasise.... but reality is what we got ! Women could sort the world far better than men ( the dreadful Mrs. T doesn't count, not a maternal bone in her ) ...experiencing the production of humanity , I believe, makes obvious the value and lessens the inclination to wreck or destroy lives. Fancy going into Politics ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But only good looking, intelligent, witty, fun loving, romantic, spontaneous, considerate well adjusted firemen with common sense, can play the guitar, have their priorities finely tuned with those of their partner and take pride in keeping that partner 'satisfied' thus keeping themselves satisfied, simples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would definitely be happy with a world of shoes, chocolate and firemen!!! Let me know when you find it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete